Sunday, October 25, 2009

Paranormal Activity

For all the hype given to Paranormal Activity, I was not as terrified as I expected. From a cinematic perspective the movie is very original and cleverly made. The whole film is shot on the couple's home video camera. The movie shows the story of a young couple, Micah and Katie, who after moving into a new home are experiencing bizarre and horrifying encounters with the unknown. During the night on the video camera we see subtle things that happen. These occurrences and demonic activities intensify as the movie progresses. I thought that for much of the time it was a little boring because there was a lot of build up for small things that weren't so scary. I must say though, by the end of the movie you are pretty legitimately scared. The movie is also made more scary because it is supposedly based on a true story (whatever that means), which always adds a real edge to a horror flick. I give it 2 1/2 stars because I just didn't get the thrill I anticipated. However, if you are looking to rent a horror movie I reccomend this over a lot of the other crappy horror movies out there.

No comments: